Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Eat, therefore I Love.


We are a society of excess. Our collective gluttony has made its way to our eating habits creating a very lucrative diet Industry. With all the labels and suggested food restrictions, your average grocery store can double as a well-managed police-state.

As a constantly evolving epicurean, I have to tell you that the “zero trans fat” and “low sodium” labels we are inundated with do absolutely nothing to me. I ignore them and pretend they are written in a language I don’t understand.

Food is one of the purest joys we still have. Good food is like a good lover. You get excited looking at it and you take your time to savor it. Telling me to hold the sauce béarnaise on a steak is like kissing with one eye open. You get a taste but you can’t fully enjoy it.

So, have your cake and eat it too. The key is moderation and physical activity at least three times per week.

PS. Kissing burns 6.4 calories per minute. Pucker up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can have sex 3.25 times this week. I burn 658 calories each time.

--Pacino