Monday, January 7, 2008

A Change Is Gonna Come

I think my reticence’ origin was fear. Fear that outsiders would kill the dream I dared dreaming. From the very beginning, my imaginary vote went to Barack Obama. Over the past months I had doubts and thought Hillary’s speech was at times, more convincing. But I realized that speech was fed by lobbyists and interests that weren’t mine. I support Barack Obama not because he’s Black, like me, but rather because he has the audacity to hope. For years now, I have complained there was no Black Leadership but in reality, there has been no Leadership all around. Until now. Sam Cooke’s haunting song finds even more life now.

There been times that I thought I couldn't last for long But now I think I'm able to carry on It's been a long, a long time coming But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will


No comments: