Monday, February 11, 2008

The Confessional | Fady Atallah



Fady Atallah, Montréal | He’s one of the master minds behind Bluesponge, a creative interactive production studio. The sanitized description doesn’t do the Company justice but the countless awards it has won, do. This very cool nerd has traveled the world preaching the Bluesponge gospel and behind the CEO façade hides an epicurean, a notorious prankster and a romantic. The Quiet Genius speaks out.


You’re one of the most cynical people I know when it comes to trends and Pop Culture. I can’t believe you agreed to do this questionnaire. Are you getting soft? I know. I’m hoping many people will read this to know how much I do. That’s actually the contradiction of pop culture I hate to be stuck in.

Your company Bluesponge is a pillar in new media, new technology, wireless this & wireless that. Don’t you think there’s something dangerous – for our Society - about always being connected and always being reachable? True but people seem to be always asking for more. I guess the pendulum has to go to one extreme before getting back to a normal balance. Isn’t this what is happening now to Facebook and social media in general?

You’re of Lebanese origin. The Middle East is in desperate need of a new PR campaign which includes educating the West. What are your geopolitical predictions for the region? The region is a total mess. It’s definitely not in my nature to be gloomy but in 25 years of being somewhat awake to this, it’s the first time I feel the doom settling in for a long time to come. So I’m not sure what the PR campaign should be about.

What turns you off? Arrogant ignorance. Exactly what has led to the situation mentioned above.


What is your favourite curse word?
These days, “ta race!” and “idiotic”.


What has pleasantly surprised you in the past two weeks? How people can still be excited about participation in causes that they care about. See http://www.thing-a-day.com


What has to stop? Pop culture and plastic bags.


If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
I don’t think I’ll ever get there.


You are in front of 90 000 screaming & adoring fans at Wembley Stadium. What song are you belting out? I want to be break free”, in a Freddy Mercury outfit and of course, attitude.


On a deserted island, what do you bring besides your Blackberry, your I-Pod & your Amex?
First of all, it would be an iPhone. Blackberry and iPod are so 6 months ago. Then it would be my woman. She can fulfil all the needs in that context.


What do you wish women knew about men? That the link we maintain with our cousin monkey is totally natural to us and we don’t want to break it.


When will I see you next?
Somewhere on the beach?


Experience more: www.bluesponge.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Style and substance.

Anonymous said...

how do i get in touch with this guy?

Curious said...

How about including the social status in the questionaire? Some of us want to know ...

Martine | Le Groupe Milagro said...

To Answer the previous comments:
1. The comments are not automatically posted. I have to approve them first, then they are posted. Alors non, ce n'est pas en temps réel.

2. If you wish to get in touch with Fady, I suggest you go to bluesponge.com .

3. If the social status is relevant to the flavour of the questionnaire then it will be included. Nota Bene: none of the subjects, so far, have been single ...

Anonymous said...

"1. The comments are not automatically posted. I have to approve them first, then they are posted. "
>> This is an interesting note, some how funny... I am sure Fady will know why.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I'm here online for the kids of Haiti.

I'm doing this for a non-profit haiti group that spends their time to
creating an oppurunity for the children in haiti. If anybody wants to help then then please do so here:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They provide children in Haiti a positive learning environment.

Please check it out, they're legitimate.

I greatly appreciate anyone's help

Anonymous said...

hello


just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to take breaks in the course of the my working day and seem via some blogs to find out what other people are talking about. This website happened to show up in my searches and I could not help clicking on it. I'm glad I did due to the fact it was a quite pleasant learn.


my website is Trampoline Parts .Also welcome you!