Monday, December 22, 2008

Black Girls Rule. Now you know.



I can’t exactly remember when it started but there was a moment. A moment when white boys started to look at me differently. If at first the looks were mostly out of curiousity or mathematical probability (always the sole Black girl in the class) … the looks were now more inviting and not solely based on any Pythagorean theory (my brother says it’s because I got rid of the braces and the unibrow). I think it’s more than that.

If forever, Black men represented the colored part of interracial unions, now Black girls are it (finally) and are increasingly part of interfaith and interracial unions. It’s a side-effect to a new geopolitical agenda: one that thankfully breaks down all borders and decreases the dividing of people by race, religion or creed. It’s also a result of the media finally putting to rest (for the most part) the stereotyped Black woman à la Eartha Kitt, Grace Jones or like the Black girl in Duran Duran’s Hungry like the wolf video: the aggressive tigress, always on the prowl. Please …that’s so passé and so inaccurate …

Today, the Black woman is presented like she really is: a complete woman with all the complexities and attributes such a heavy title comes with. It all makes sense really as for what I understand of Love, it has nothing to do with color.


Mates with Soul (Click and see Photo Album):
Black Girls Rule

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Color at the end of the day, where I have to meet work deadlines, while pms'ing, xmas shopping, tending a runny nose, cooking cleaning, I still yell at my lovely man, why? black or white, does not matter, it just feels good. a man is a man is a man..

I love you Hon, You sexy White man you...

Ciao!

Crazy black lady who needs a vacation and a drink

Anonymous said...

My ex-gf was Black. Awesome ...